Having a disability that affects your daily life is not easy. Know that you will get through this! Here are 10 inspirational quotes for people struggling with a disability:
1. “When you focus on someone’s disability you’ll overlook their abilities, beauty and uniqueness. Once you learn to accept and love them for who they are, you subconsciously learn to love yourself unconditionally.” — Yvonne Pierre
2. “I am conscious of a soul-sense that lifts me above the narrow, cramping circumstances of my life. My physical limitations are forgotten- my world lies upward, the length and the breadth and the sweep of the heavens are mine!” — Helen Keller
3. “The worst disability in life is a bad attitude.” — SupaNova Slom
4. “It is a waste of time to be angry about my disability. One has to get on with life and I haven’t done badly. People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.” – — Stephen Hawking
5. “The world has a fast-growing problematic disability, which forges bonds in families, causes people to communicate in direct and clear ways, cuts down meaningless social interaction, pushes people to the limit with learning about themselves, whilst making them work together to make a better world. It’s called Autism – and I can’t see anything wrong with it, can you? Boy I’m glad I also have this disability!” — Patrick Jasper Lee
6. “One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.” — Michael J. Fox
7. “Just because a man lacks the use of his eyes doesn’t mean he lacks vision.” — Stevie Wonder
8. “We know that equality of individual ability has never existed and never will, but we do insist that equality of opportunity still must be sought.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
9. “We, the one’s who are challenged, need to be heard. To be seen not as a disability, but as a person who has, and will continue to bloom. To be seen not only as a handicap, but as a well intact human being.” — Robert M. Hensel
10. “Hold my hand and walk with me.
We must break the back of social inequity;
We must empower every individual with a disability
To live with dignity in an inclusive society.”
— William E. Lightbourne
You don’t have to struggle alone! If you are disabled and fighting for your benefits, we can help.