Balin Law respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This Policy will inform you as to how we look after your personal data, including when you visit our website.
We will never sell your personal data to a third party.
What Personal Information Is Collected Through This Website And How Is It Used?
When you engage with the site or call us, we may ask you to provide us with information, or you may otherwise provide us with information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as, but not limited to, your first and last name, email address, home address, and phone number. We may collect this information through various forms throughout the site, including, but not limited to: email, chat, or contact us forms.
Further, if chat is available through this site, you may be asked to provide information if you participate in an online chat. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; date of birth; drivers license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Information that you provide to us through the contact form or an online chat will be used so that we may respond to your inquiry.
We, and our third-party service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively store or collect information whenever you visit or interact with the site (Usage Information). Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a Device) whenever you visit or interact with our site.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
This Usage Information may include:
- Your IP address, UDID or other unique device identifier (Device Identifier);
- Whether one user has accessed the website using multiple Devices;
- Your Device’s functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information, plug–ins);
- The URL that referred you to our website, your website browsing history, and the areas within our site that you visit and your activities there;
- Your Device location and characteristics; and
- Other Device data, including time zone and the time of day.
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (Tracking Technologies). Such Tracking Technologies include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
- Google AdWords & Remarketing. We may use a tool called Google AdWords to collect information about use of this site and use this information to serve you more relevant advertisements (Retargeting). Google and other third parties may show these advertisements on other websites that you visit or services you use. These ads shown on other web sites are based on your past visits to this site by using cookies. Your data may be accessed and/or deleted by end users via Google's My Activity. You may opt–out of Google’s personalized advertising cookies by visiting Google’s Ads Settings page.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as pixels, 1×1 GIFs or clear GIFs) may be included in our site’s pages and messages. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the website, to monitor how users navigate the website, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the website, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to our website and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Targeting. We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content relevant to your interests on our website based upon how you interact with our content. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness of the content that has been delivered to you.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file that is placed onto your device and that is managed by your browser. Cookies were designed for websites to remember information (such as items in a shopping cart) and enable our sites or services to function. For example, cookies enable us to identify your device and enable you to easily share content on our sites and services and help us serve relevant ads to you.
The Types of Cookies We Use
We may use two types: persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie helps us recognize you as a user. After you sign in, a persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by our site when you return to the site. Session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a site or a browser session).
We also have implemented and use Google Analytics Display Advertising, specifically the Demographics and Interest Reporting feature to advertise online, sell advertising, and develop content.
We also may use Adobe Flash, which is another technology that can provide cookie-equivalent functionality. Adobe Flash is capable of storing information on your device (in a file outside of your browser).
How Cookies Are Used for Advertising Purposes
Cookies combined with ad technology such as web beacons, pixels, and anonymous ad network tags help us serve relevant ads to you more effectively. They also help us collect aggregated auditing, research, and reporting for advertisers. Pixels, which are invisible tags placed on our websites, help us understand and improve our service, show you ads, and know when content has been shown to you. Please note that because our pages include advertisements, your web browser may request advertisements and web beacons directly from ad network servers, and these networks can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
How You Can Manage Cookies
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google’s Display Network ads using Google’s Ad Settings. You can opt-out of Google Analytics by using Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you submit a contact form, the completed form and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
What rights you have over your data
If you have left comments on this site, filled out a form, or used the chat feature, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Children’s and Minor’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If you are a child under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to use the site and should not send any information about yourself to us through the site or other means. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and other applicable laws and regulations.
All elements of this website are copyrighted materials of Balin Law, LLC. All rights reserved. Reproduction or distribution of any material from this website for commercial purposes is prohibited without the express written permission of Balin Law, LLC.
To obtain permission for the reproduction or distribution of material from this website for commercial purposes, please contact Balin Law, LLC at 1-866-492-2546.